Sunday, October 2, 2011

Simple Fettuccine Alfredo



Oh. Oh my. Oh wow. Those were my first words upon eating the.most.amazing.pasta.ever. I mean, seriously. I've never been a huge fan of fettuccine alfredo, but this was phenomenal. And about the easiest pasta dish I've made. The whole thing took less than 15 minutes. Aaaand we ate the entire pound of pasta within two days. Slightly embarrassed. But it was that good. 

You must make this. I can't tell you how great it was. And it was insanely easy. There is NO way to mess this up. Thank me (and the Pioneer Woman) later. :)

While I saw this recipe on my friend Jourdan's blog, it is actually courtesy of The Pioneer Woman.

Note: If you enjoy this recipe, I think you'll go crazy over this Simple Chicken Alfredo Pizza!

Simple Fettuccine Alfredo
Recipe by The Pioneer Woman
Serves 4, depending on portions
Pin It  
Ingredients:
*1 pound fettuccine noodles
*1 stick butter
*1 cup heavy cream
*Salt and Pepper, to taste
*2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese (one wedge was enough for 2 cups)

Directions:
*Cook pasta according to package directions.

*In a saucepan or skillet, warm butter and cream. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

*Grate Parmesan cheese and place half of it into a large serving bowl. Pour warm butter/cream mixture over the top.

*Drain pasta and immediately pour it into the bowl.

*Toss a couple of times, then sprinkle in the other half of the Parmesan.

*Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary.

Yes, I know, clogging arteries already...

freshly grated parmesan cheese

Butter, cream, parmesan cheese

Mixing it up

Adding the second half of cheese

All mixed up!

Adding a little extra salt and pepper

Yummm. Oh. Yummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...